Forgewold: its addictive and Codex Tyranid Playtest version

Posted

So after some unpleasant current events I have done nothing hobby related other than listen to hobby podcasts on airplanes and read some horus heresy books while on the road or in hotels. The weather is starting to get nice and I am itching for day off to get WIP table outside and finish up some messy grunt work.

I did order a while back some forgeworld models above and beyond what I needed. Forgeworld is just so addictive. Real drug addicts could probably last months on what I payed for forgeworld models. I only needed the wings from the forgeworld hive tyrant with venom cannon I bought. I sent the wings off with a couple other bits to have a converted winged hive tyrant done for Hive Fleet Erebus. Instead of only getting the hive tyrant, I justified getting a malanthrope (one of the best looking tyranids imho) a stonecrusher carnifex, a scythed hierodule, Imperial Armour: Apocalypse, and two sets=6pair of warrior wings. That just adds to number of unpainted tyranids and/or unassembled tyranids I now own. It must be around 6,000-7,000 points of unpainted and 1,000 points of that is assembled. That is just sad. Must work more!

There has been a tyranid codex playtest version floating around the webs. Most say its fake and most hate the direction it takes tyranids. I dont think its entirely fake based on I trust some of people that have spoken about it. So that aside, I think some of the changes are great while others are lackluster attempts. I am very happy about making our guants and hormaguants more worthwile. Well go find it and see for yourself. At least you could see what codex: tyranids streamlined might look like.

EDIT: Now to bite my tongue as Brimstone who once believed it to be real confirmed it as a fake so no need to discuss at all

1 comments

I did not use the term "dime bags" in my recent forge world post by accident.

Post a Comment

The Hive Mind

My photo
Maryland, United States

Current WIP

  • Artic Table
  • Bunker
  • Devilguants

Currently Reading

  • battle for the abyss

FtW Bloggers Group

Followers

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

My Blog List